Camden Riversharks: Taking a Bite Out of the Community
Reading with the Riversharks- May 12th
School children in New Jersey and Philadelphia were asked to design the bookmarks that all the participating schools would use. Two winners were chosen- one from Philadelphia, the other from Pennsauken and their winning designs were distributed to over 75,000 children.
Baseball in Education Days- May 11th, May 17th, May 23rd and June 3rd
The Riversharks on-field emcee went through history, science and math problems as well as questions in many other subjects with a sold-out crowd of students, keeping the theme of baseball in mind.
Most Improved Student Nights- June 16th
Many students from Camden, Burlington, and Philadelphia counties were rewarded for their outstanding marks in attendance, work ethic, grades and behavior with a free night at the ballpark and recognition on-field during pregame.
Scout Nights- June 15th, June 29th, July 20th and August 3rd
Both girls scouts and boy scouts from New Jersey and Pennsylvania had the opportunity to participate in a pre-game parade and then spend the night on the Riversharks outfield. The following morning scouts were served breakfast and then took part in a clinic with Riversharks players.
Dog Days of Summer- June 17th and August 26th
This event, presented by Nutro Products
, allowed fans to bring their dogs to the ballpark to enjoy a game with man?s best friend. Special water stations were setup around the ballpark along with special doggie relief stations which were taken care of by All Dogs Poop.
Camp Days- July 25th, July 31st and August 15th
Many summer camps from around the South Jersey and Philadelphia area enjoyed a team building day at the ballpark with the Riversharks.
Mother?s Matter Day- July 13th
Fans were asked to bring a beauty product to the game to contribute to the Lauren Rose Albert Foundation Mothers Matter program. The Foundation pays tribute to mothers, grandmothers and caregivers with gift baskets filled with women?s personal care and beauty products.
Go Green Day- August 3rd
Riversharks fans were given useful knowledge about how to change their everyday lifestyles into ones that will benefit the environment . The day was presented by Waste Management.
We also hosted the following non-baseball events!
- Pre-season concert "Bunnystock 08" with media partner Wired 96.5FM
- Official Host of Atlantic 10 Tournament
- Volkswagen Ride & Drive Event to introduce new model to tri-state dealers
- Jon Runyan Charity Softball Game to benefit the Special Olympics
- Diamond Classic High School Baseball Tournament
- Hosted Leap Academy?s First EVER home baseball game with the help of Susquehanna Bank
- Courier Post and Philadelphia Inquirer job fairs
- Philadelphia Police All-Star Game
- Cole Brothers Circus
- Youth Advocacy Program
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Whiffle Ball Tournament
- Goodyear Ride and Drive
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Light the Night Charity Walk
- Norcross/Cooper Health Bridge Run
- Latino Family Festival and Concert